3ds Max offers a rich and flexible toolset to create premium designs with full artistic control.
- Create massive worlds in games
- Visualize high-quality architectural renderings
- Model finely detailed interiors and objects
- Bring characters and features to life with animation and VFX
Render high-quality scenes
The built-in Arnold renderer provides a rich experience and can handle your more complex characters, scenes, and effects.
- Save time with centralized creative tools for interactive light mixing, color correction, and lens effects on the rendered image
- Work faster with an artist-friendly user experience and intuitive controls
- Iterate and produce high quality renders and variations faster
Work faster and meet deadlines with 3ds Max
3ds Max lets you scale your workflow with automation, allowing you to spend more time on creativity.
- Use 3ds Max as a compute engine to scale content production
- Extend built-in workflows with accessible APIs
- Accelerate manual steps to boost productivity
Taking speed and security one step further
- Focused on workflow efficiency, easy-to-use texturing and rendering tools, and offering a safe and secure workspace environment, 3ds Max now has new rendering capabilities added to Arnold, a new Bake to Texture functionality, and enhanced features to popular modeling tools.
- You will also find speed improvements throughout your process from installation to rendering and see that 3ds Max Python 3 is now set as the default Python interpreter.
- Safe Scene Script Execution offers protection against malicious scripts embedded in 3ds Max scene files, regardless of whether these scripts use Maxscript, Python or .NET commands, by blocking the execution of unsafe commands.
- The Malware Removal functionality detects and removes known malicious scripts from scene files and startup scripts. This prevents the spread of malicious code to other users. The malware removal functionality is powered by the Scene Security Tools plugin, which is updated whenever Autodesk becomes aware of a new malicious script.
- In 3ds Max 2022, users are notified when a new version of the Scene Security Tools is available on the Autodesk App Store.
- Edit Poly modifier support: Smart Extrude has been extended into the Edit Poly modifier, providing the same functionality and features users have come to love from the Editable Poly implementation. This extension of Smart Extrude enables artists to further benefit from this freeform modeling method, and complement their poly modeling workflows in 3ds Max.
- “Cut Through” implementation: When first introduced in 3ds Max 2021.2, the Smart Extrude functionality enabled artists to extrude with fewer constraints during the creative modeling process. “Cut Through”, the latest addition to Smart Extrude, further enhances this functionality to give artists the extrude they deserve.
- When performing an inward or outward Smart Extrusion (Shift+LMB drag operation on an Edit Poly or Editable Poly), complete intersections of these results will now add, unify, or completely cut-through and remove faces of the operand result with your mesh geometry. This new Smart Extrude enhancement enables artists to freely construct unified mesh geometry, enhancing the poly modeling experience in 3ds Max.
3ds Max includes performance enhancements to the Slice modifier, and new modeling features based on user feedback. These enhancements and new features are powerful complements to 3ds Max workflows, as they reduce data processing operations for Autodesk Retopology Tools in 3ds Max.
- Capping: Open holes created by the Slice operation can now be capped along their boundary edges on both Mesh and Poly objects.
- Multi-Axis Cutting: Perform a X-, Y-, and/or Z-aligned planar slice of your mesh based on the position of the slice gizmo through a single modifier.
- Radial Slice: A new Radial slice operation enables control of the cutting results based on a set of user-defined min and max angles.
- Alignment options: Quickly align the cutting gizmo to faces on an object, or reference another animatable object in your scene.
Complete release notes here.