The standout choice for professionals
With a huge toolset specifically engineered for creative and photography professionals, whether you are editing and retouching images, or creating full-blown multi-layered compositions, it has all the power and performance you will ever need.
Professional corrections & adjustments
Correct and enhance images with Levels, Curves, Black and White, White Balance, HSL, Shadows and Highlights, plus over a dozen other non-destructive adjustments which preview instantly and can be edited at any time. Affinity Photo also provides advanced lens corrections and best-in-class noise reduction so you have full control to really bring out the best in any image.
Complete retouching tools
Whether you want to make quick corrections, or spend time on a detailed retouch, Affinity Photo has you covered. Alongside the usual dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish, and red eye tools you’ll also find an almost magical inpainting brush, frequency separation capability, and a full set of liquefy features built-in.
Dedicated RAW workspace
Develop camera RAW files in a dedicated workspace with all the precise adjustments and corrections you need in an unbounded linear color space.
Expertly merge multiple images taken at different focal distances for greater depth of field. Affinity Photo takes care of the alignment and completes a detailed analysis to determine the best areas of each image to use.
Macros enable you to record an unlimited number of actions which you can save and replay whenever you like. You can even play macros as part of a batch process, making previously laborious tasks possible in a few clicks.
- macOS version updated to 1.8.6
- Photo 1.8 introduces a new “sub-brush” mechanism, developed in conjunction with Paolo Limoncelli (DAUB® Brushes). This exciting feature allows any brush to have a list of other brushes attached which will draw at the same time. Each sub-brush has a fully separate and customisable set of dynamics. You can control when the sub-brushes are drawn and how they blend with the main brush.
- Symmetry (up to 32-way) is now supported – including on-canvas controls and optional mirroring. We have more symmetry features on the way – so stay tuned during the beta process.
- Wet edges and accumulation are now available on colour brushes and brushes with HSL variance.
- Brushes with multiple nozzle textures have always chosen the nozzle at random. In 1.7, the nozzle choice has a dynamic controller and ramp for greater control.
- All brush tools now support left and right arrow keys for rotation – a common feature request
- The RAW processing engine in Photo has been rewritten – producing better results and improved performance.
- RAW files now load much more quickly.
- Re-implemented support for XTrans sensors.
- The denoise algorithm has been rewritten (to produce better results).
- Hot pixel removal is now automatically performed by the Serif Labs engine.
- Profiled lens correction are more stable, apply more quickly, and can be toggled in the Develop UI.
- The histogram in the Develop persona is now presented in the output colour space – as opposed to always being linear.
- New “Procedural Texture” filter with advanced presets support.
- New “Voronoi” filter.
- Denoise, Clarity and Shadows / Highlights filters have been rewritten (using technology from the Develop Persona).
- More filters are now available as Live Filters – including the new Procedural Texture filter.
- Live filters have been rewritten to improve performance – especially when multiple filters are used in a document.
- Improved Polar to Rectangular and Rectangular to Polar filters.
- The HSL adjustment layer has been rewritten. It now supports custom hue ranges, a new algorithm, new UI and picker controls.
- The Levels adjustment layer now supports output levels – a common feature request.
- The White Balance adjustment layer has been rewritten.
- The Selective Colour adjustment layer has been rewritten.
- PSD import / export of adjustments has been improved.
- The Vibrance adjustment layer has been rewritten.
- The Recolour adjustment layer has gained a lightness slider.
- The Crop tool has been rewritten – it now supports resolution changes, absolute pixel size and has a much improved preset mechanism.
- The Sponge Brush tool now gives more correct / pleasant results.
- A general tools overhaul has been performed – providing editing of grids, guides, page origin, across multiple tools (not just in the Move tool)
- “Alternate futures” for document history have been added. Traditionally, if you roll back the undo history then do something else all your changes after that point are lost. Photo will now display a small branch icon in the history tab when you do this. Pressing that button will cycle between all the different “futures” after that history entry – meaning you will never lose work you have done.
- HEIF images can now be loaded directly into Photo. If they contain a depth map, this will also be loaded as a second layer. Because depth maps are typically lower resolution than the main image, optional “smart” upsampling will be performed.
- A large number of new cameras are supported for RAW development (we will provide a list of the new supported cameras as soon as possible!).
- The batch process dialog now fully supports expressions for height and width – available constants are “w”, “h” and “dpi”.
- Photo now supports custom document presets – a popular feature request.
- A new blend mode – Linear Burn – has been added.
- New “Move inside / outside” commands have been added – useful for quick operations on clipping masks etc.
- The Hard Mix blend mode has been improved.
- New provider options have been added to the stock panel – support for Unsplash and Pexels. Both of these providers offer full-resolution stock imagery which is free to use.
- Metadata is now dynamically synchronised with your document – so if you resize then export, the values will be correct.
- Numerous text improvements have been made – including new features.
- Significant PDF import / export improvements and fixes.
- Added support for per-monitor ICC profiles (previously we only used the primary monitor’s ICC profile) in the document view (controls still use the primary monitor’s ICC profile, which will hopefully be fixed in the future).
- Fixed Export file type icons using low resolution images
- Fixed clipped Grid Settings button
- Added missing Voronoi filter
- Fixed Construction Snapping buttons not showing correctly
- Fixed View modes (Pixel, Retina and Outline) buttons
- Added missing Isometric panel
- Fixed crash when closing application in Export Persona with multiple documents open
- Fixed crash at startup when loading existing workspaces
- Fixed sporadic crash when opening Edit menu after copying document items to clipboard
- Fixed Installer to not specify the text for ‘Open’ shell entry
- Improved Freehand import by allowing some unknown tags to be ignored, rather than failing the import
- Fixed Colour panel Colour Picker being offset for some multiple monitor configurations
- Fixed modifier keys not being shown for tool shortcut in tooltips
- Improved HSL Add and Subtract modes
Beta release notes:
- Fixed drag drop from Explorer to floating Document Windows
- Fixed Combine Identical remaining enabled for text styles
- Fixed Punctuation stops Capitalise first word of sentence from working
- Fixed Tools toolbar leaving monitor viewport when undocking
- Fixed failure to save if HEIC file is used in document
- Fixed drag/drop text from Explorer
- Fixed snapping to guides and page edges
- Fixed importing of user items in correct order
- Fixed Drop Caps misaligned when using Baseline grid
- Fixed incorrect curve printing
- Fixed incorrect codepage mapping for code page 950
- Fixed crash loading corrupt BMP files
- Allow right mouse button to be pressed when capturing numeric input for tools (currently for use with Flow in brush tools)
- Fixed Pen Tool not snapping to grid unless you zoom in/out first
- Fixed scrolling history with mouse wheel removes highlight
- Fixed print copies limited to 99
- Changed TIFF export to use Adobe deflate instead, as it’s more common
- Fixed sporadic PSD export crash
- Fixed Brush preview not updating immediately when adding/modifying sub-brushes
- Fixed Basic Grid failing to show ‘Spacing’ and ‘Divisions’ entry boxes on Grid and Axis Manager
- Fixed being unable to select a crop preset
- Fixed sub-brush ‘Sync’ checkboxes not remembering state correctly
- Added missing Duplicate Brush from Brush panel context menu
- Fixed creation of CMYK tint colour chord creating RGB swatches
- Fixed changing of document DPI to no longer resize the document
- Allow linear profiles for all RGB formats on import (but still try to dissuade incorrect use by not offering them in the convert dialog)
- Prevent dragging of locked layers
- Fixed Edit in Photo/Designer preventing the application from closing
- Fixed Greek uppercase to not have tonas
- Fixed hang after exporting to external drive then removing drive
- Fixed letterspacing to apply to spaces as well as other characters
- Fixed embedded documents not exporting masks to PDF correctly
- Fixed PDF export of documents containing palettised PNG
- Added Hide/Show to Photo main menu
- Fixed Panorama orientation resulting in upside down images
- Improved selection refinement
- Fixed macro recording of document properties, and mixer brush
- Fixed incorrect treatment of filter effects when resizing a document containing pixel layers
- Fixed smoothing to curve tangent to take into account coincidental curve points (can now smooth to ‘cusp’ to allow for points with incidental handle points)
- Fixed auto-committing error in Liquify
- Fixed SoftLight blend mode on negative values
- Fixed levels alerts not appearing
- Fixed Flood Fill tool to allow transparent colours
- Fixed Voronoi alpha transform
- Fixed adjustment LUT export
- Fixed Red Eye Removal tool in Develop persona removing image
- Fixed Develop preview doing noise reduction twice
- Fixed Adjustment panels not closing when adding a filter from the menus
- Fixed crash opening a document with 32-bit preview tab open
- Fixed Gaussian blur crash when changing the blue value using the mouse wheel
- Fixed some lens identification issues
- Fixed adding a macro not adding to the default category
- Fixed sub-brush tab missing ‘Edit’ button
- Fixed orientation of HDR merge of portrait RAW images
- Fixed scale, rotate and translate not working when stacking
- Reduced memory usage when multiple RAW files are open at once
- Improved Develop performance by not performing chromatic aberration correction twice
- Changed Threshold histogram to show intensity
- Added Rasterise & Trim menu option, to trim rasterised item to spread boundary
- Improved Selective Colour’s handling of CMYK images
- Show focused and selected Auto-Focus regions (in yellow and green, respectively)
- Fixed Auto-Focus rects to always draw in the right location
- Fixed LUT export of RGB cubes being interpretted in wrong channel order