In addition to sending free texts, you can also:
Message friends and contacts
- Get started fast — log in with your Facebook account, or just use your phone number
- Send voice messages, photos, smileys and other emoji
- Get push Enter your phone number herenotifications
Make plans on the go with social messaging features
- Message a friend or start a group conversation
- Include your location to let friends know you’re nearby
Chat and receive SMS messages
- Swipe left to see who’s available to chat
- See your SMS and Facebook messages together in the app — currently only available on some phones
Messenger does all this using your existing data plan.
Introducing Messenger Rooms
Messenger Rooms make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Create a room right from Messenger or Facebook, and invite anyone to join your video call, even if they don’t have a Facebook account. Rooms will soon hold up to 50 people with no time limit.
Host celebrations, gather a book club or just hang out on the couch with friends. You don’t need to call someone and hope it’s a good time or check everyone’s calendar first. You can start and share rooms on Facebook through News Feed, Groups and Events, so it’s easy for people to drop by. Soon we’ll add ways to create rooms from Instagram Direct, WhatsApp and Portal, too.
If your friends or communities create rooms that are open to you, you’ll see them on Facebook so you can find things to do and people to hang out with. When you’re invited to a room, you can join from your phone or computer — no need to download anything to get started. If you have the Messenger app, you can play with AR effects like bunny ears, and new AI-powered features like immersive 360 backgrounds and mood lighting.
When you create a room, you choose who can see and join it. You can remove people from the call and lock a room if you don’t want anyone else to enter. Read more about the controls you have and how we built Rooms with privacy and security in mind.
Although this has been a common feature in other messaging platforms, Facebook Messenger has finally added the ability to delete sent messages on private threads. The only condition: don’t take more than 10 minutes to do so.
- Now you can see your call history and missed calls—all in one place.
- Added Direct Download link which contains the .apk file for Facebook Messenger.
- Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place
- Forwarding: Want to send a message or photo to someone who isn’t in the conversation? Just tap to forward it on
- Conversation Shortcuts: Create a shortcut so that you can get to any conversation right from your home screen
- Free Calls: Talk as long as you want and stay in touch wherever you are. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply).