Connect your PC to your home entertainment hardware and control it all with a remote! Load your music on your iPod while you watch TV! All with one easy-to-use program — Media Center!
Make your media part of your digital lifestyle
Copy music from Media Center to a portable digital audio player or move digital camera photos into MC’s powerful image library. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. More than one soundcard? Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work.
Organize your images
The main image screen, showing thumbnails of digital camera images. An optional properties page can be opened to show details about each image.
A unique full screen mode. This customizable view is designed for browsing your media on a monitor or TV from across the room. Type is enlarged and navigation is simplified for easy use with a remote device.
Mobilize your tunes
MC supports more hardware players than any other application. Now you can synchronize your library with your Apple iPod or one of many supported devices
- Supports over 80 media file formats
- Create custom Playlists and Smartlists from your media library
- Rips and encodes to WMA, OGG, APE, MP3, FLAC and more
- CD and DVD data burning
- Support for popular MP3 devices, including iPod, Creative and SanDisk players
- Leading edge organization and customization options
- Selectable skins and Slim View with cool translucent effect
- Search, download and play rich content from Google Video/Images, YouTube and SHOUTcast – all without leaving the application
- Support for PlaysForSure devices and music subscription services
- Unique Action Window for a quick route to tasks such as burn, tag or handheld sync.
- Theater View fullscreen mode for the 10-foot interface experience. Browse media on your TV
- Media Mode buttons for fast access to media type: music, photos, videos
- Integrated CD labeler for printing custom labels and covers
- Podcast support, including one click subscriptions
- MyGal photo gallery feature. Create, upload and share photo albums on the web – for free!
- Powerful, flexible burning engine – multiple burns, split large files across discs
- Fast and efficient file tagging system
- Automatic folder monitoring and import of newly added files
- Mouse wheel zooming and panning for pictures, video, DVD and TV
- Customizable View schemes — Best file organization of any jukebox
- Freeform Mini View skins
- Support for Standard View skins
- Support for Winamp 2 skins
- 40+ visualizations, and support for White Cap and the latest G-Force visualizations
- New Display View mode
- Remote control support
- Cross-fading and gapless playback
- Media Server — Home networking
- Replay Gain (volume leveling)
- In-line file property editing
- Plug-in support, including third-party plug-ins
- Web TV and radio
- Find CD retailer search
- Online Artist info search
- Visualization Studio – create and save your own visualizations
- Media Scheduler
- Integrated Download Manager
- DSP/EQ Studio
- Media Editor for editing sound files
- Broadcast and cable TV (with tuner card)
- DVD playback and recording
- Digital image organization and tagging
- 3D visualizations
- Flexible database that allows unlimited new fields to be added
- Cover View — shows album art/image for each track or CD or DVD
- TV recording and instant-replay, Pause, Resume, FFWD, REW
- Pane View and Tag mode for the easy selection and tagging of files
- Integrated music/image slideshow
- Preset Smartlists — 1 hour of random music, Last 100 tracks played, etc.
- ASIO Playback
- Multi-Zone Playback
- Web or FTP upload of media files
- TiVo Home Media Option support for music and images. Enjoy your Playlists through TiVo
- Support for Universal Plug ‘n’ Play devices e.g. Media streamers
- Document support with full text searching/indexing
- Basic image editing
- Multi-Zone Synchronization
- Split View feature – Open Library and Playing Now windows together
- Integrated support for Audible™ audiobook store
- File transfer support for Sony PlayStation Portable
- Windows version updated to 27.0.49
- macOS version updated to 27.0.35
- Changed: When searching, – is used to mark the start of a word just like space. That way “wheel” will find “mouse-wheel”.
- Changed: TV recordings on DMS channels are now properly bookmarked.
- Fixed: Bookmarking on DirectShow-based TV recordings could be wrong if time-shifting had being running for a while before recording started.
- Fixed: Playback as DoP was not working properly.
- NEW: Added a Not(…) expression function to flip the state of a variable.
- Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
- Changed: Made the last played field editable (instead of clear only).