Mouse without Borders is a product that makes you the captain of your computer fleet by allowing you to control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard. This means that with Mouse without Borders you can copy text or drag and drop files across computers.
Mouse Without Borders is a Microsoft Garage project by Truong Do. Garage projects are side projects that Microsoft employees like Truong build for fun on their nights and weekends. Mouse Without Borders was designed for people who use many computers in the same room. For example, a laptop or tablet that you take to meetings might sit right alongside the desktop PC in your office.
- Control multiple computers seamlessly using a single mouse and keyboard
- Peer-to-peer system: Any machine can be a master machine
- Multiple mode: Keyboard/mouse repeat in all machines
- Shared clipboard: copy text/image/screenshot from one machine and paste to other machines
- Drag/drop file across machines
- Selective screen capture (Ctrl+Shift+S)
- Support on logon/UAC desktop
Download and run the installer on each of your machines. The Mouse without Borders setup experience will be launched after installation. Follow the instructions to configure Mouse without Borders. NOTE: The same version of Mouse without Borders must be run in the machines. Visit https://aka.ms/mm for help & questions.
- After install Mouse without Borders, you will see a Setup dialog. You can also bring up this dialog anytime by clicking on the Mouse without Borders system tray icon on the taskbar.
- In the first machine, click NO on the first dialog. It will bring you to the second dialog where you see the security code and computer name. Keep the dialog open and go to the second computer.
- In the second machine, click YES to the first dialog then enter the information that you got from the first computer.
- Click LINK to link the two computers, after the computers get connected you can simply move the mouse cursor from one machine to the other passing the screen edge, keyboard input follows your mouse cursor to the other computers as well.
- After setting up your computers, you can bring up the Settings form by clicking on Mouse without Borders system tray icon or using the hot key Ctrl+Alt+M. Here you can add more computers, drag/drop computer thumbnails to setup their position and change other options.