Parallels Desktop will enable you to quickly and easily create virtual machines on most Intel-based Macs.
You can install a Windows, Linux, or other operating system in each of your virtual machines, and work with them and their applications side by side with your Mac OS X applications.
Built on Parallels’ award-winning hypervisor-based virtualization technology, Parallels Desktop enables you to:
- create powerful and easy to use virtual machines
- use 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems inside your virtual machines
- use Windows and Linux applications side by side with your Mac OS X applications, without restarting your Mac
- concurrently work with the files and applications from your Mac and your virtual machine
- create Parallels virtual machines from physical computers and third-party virtual machines
To enhance your experience of running more than one operating system on your Mac, Parallels Desktop includes several utilities: Parallels Tools for seamless integration between your Mac and the virtual machine, Parallels Transporter for moving from PC to Mac, and Parallels Mounter for accessing your virtual machine’s files and folders without starting it.
Note: To be able to download and use the trial version of Parallels Desktop you will have to request a trial license key from here.
- Run your favorite Mac OS and Windows applications at the same time without rebooting
- Work in Shared Networking mode that ensures seamless connection to any network from Windows via any connection your Mac uses
- Achieve a high level of performance for Windows on your Mac by leveraging Intel VT – an industry-leading solution supported by Parallels Software
- Use Coherence mode, drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste, transparent file associations to achieve seamless integration and maintain a single, integrated environment for all of your applications
- Save the running virtual machine state and revert to it at any time
- Quickly create a virtual machine and install the guest operating system with OS Installation Assistant
- Run your Boot Camp partition via virtual machine
- Burn CDs or DVDs from the virtual machine using your Mac optical drive
- Use USB 2.0 devices in the virtual machine
- Achieve optimal virtual machine performance and reduce virtual hard disk file size by 50% or more with Parallels Compressor
- Migrate your Windows PC into a virtual machine using Parallels Transporter
- Browse the images of your virtual machines directly from Mac using Parallels Explorer
- Download and use pre-built virtual machines from Parallels Virtual Appliances Library
- Speak! Don’t Type! – Use Mountain Lion’s Dictation tool across both Windows and Mac
- Drag & Drop email attachments – Simply drag and drop files from the desktop onto the Doc Icons for Outlook or other Windows email clients
- Windows apps on OS X “Launchpad” – Add Windows apps to the Mountain Lion or Lion Launchpad to quickly launch Mac and Windows apps you use the most
- Enhanced! With the new Parallels Mobile App, copy-and-paste, enjoy audio, and access your Mac and Windows programs with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- Brilliant Retina display resolution – Enjoy Retina display resolution with Windows appls to see crisper fonts, vivid photos, images and animations
- Improved graphics – Don’t compromise with graphically intensive apps
- No hassle presentations – New Presentation Wizard makes presentations easier and interruption-free by disabling screensavers on Mac and Windows, optimizing the full-screen display and automatically adjusting resolution
- Enhanced! Increased graphics performance: up to 30% faster for 3D graphics compared to previous versions
- Enhanced! Start, stop and resume Windows more quickly, as much as 25%, every time you launch Windows