It can even upscale textures that would otherwise be too blurry as they were made for the small screen of the original PSP.
Even on modern Android phones and tablets, you can often run at double the original resolution.
- Play in HD resolutions and more
- Play on a tablet for big-screen mobile gaming
- Customize on-screen touch controls or use an external controller or keyboard
- Save and restore game state anywhere, anytime
- Crank up the anisotropic filtering and texture scaling
- Continue where you left off by transferring saves from your real PSP
PPSSPP is an open source project, licensed under the GPL 2.0 (or later). Anyone is welcome to contribute improvements to the code. Partly thanks to such contributions, PPSSPP’s compatibility is steadily increasing, letting us all play our PSP games on the devices of our choice.
- Lots of minor bug fixes, crash fixes, and performance fixes and improvements.
- New Browse… button to allow opening SD cards on Android 11
- Countless AdHoc networking fixes by ANR2ME, for example Dragon Ball Shin Budokai, PowerStone, Bleach Heat The Soul 7, Kingdom Hearts, GTA: VCS and many more.
- Graphics issue with car reflections fixed in Outrun, Dirt 2 (#13636, #13640, #13760)
- Cut-off cards in Yu Gi Oh fixed (#7124).
- Numerous fixes to the builtin fonts by nassau-tk
- Added exception handler so PPSSPP stays alive if a game crashes (#11795/#13092)
- Desktop: Support for multiple instance multiplayer (#13172, …)
- Workaround for rendering bugs with flat shading in iOS 14
- Multiple fixes to the IR interpreter (#13897, …)
- UI: New fullscreen button on desktop platforms, optional navigation sounds (#13239)
- Audio and multiple hangs fixes in UWP version (#13792, …)
- Partial microphone support (#12336, …)
- Workaround for wacky action mirroring bug in Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2 (#13706, #13526)
- Hardware texture upscaling for Vulkan, mipmap generation (#13235, #13514)
- Added MMPX Vulkan texture upscaling shader (#13986)
- Depth texturing support in Vulkan and D3D11 (#13262, #13556, …)
- Performance fix for Test Drive Unlimited (#13355, …)
- Allow rewind on mobile (#13866)
- Added option to disable on-screen messages (#13695)
- Added “Lower resolution for effects” on libretro (#13654)
- Allow chaining multiple post-processing shaders (#12924)
- Support for loading game-specific plugins (#13335)
- Fixed Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines Save issue on Android (#12761)
- Hanayaka Nari Wa ga Ichizoku: mono voices fixed (#5213)
- Additional fixed games:
- Namco Museum – Battle Collection, Vol 2 (#9523, #13297, #13298)
- Dream Club Portable (graphics bugs, GL and Vulkan) (#6025)
- Capcom Classic Collection Reloaded (stuck in return game) (#4671)
- Xyanide Resurrection (freezing) (#8526)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Chinese (patched game, invalid address) (#13204)
- Crazy Taxi (#13368)
- Spiderman: Friend or Foe (#13969)
- Downstream Panic (US) (New Game crash) (#13633)