You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another operating system/computer – by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.
Supported Products List:
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Doesn’t work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Doesn’t work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Doesn’t work with all types of licenses)
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Only ProductID is displayed)
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Visual Studio
- Some of the Adobe and Autodesk products.
- Updated to work properly in high DPI mode.
- Added new option: Extract Partial Key With WMI. If you turn on this option, ProduKey will extract the last 5 characters of the product key from SoftwareLicensingProduct class, using WMI.
- This option also works on a remote machine, as long as you have permission to access WMI on the remote machine.
- When running produkey.exe, Some Antivirus programs displays an alert and/or block you from running it. Click here to read more about false alerts in Antivirus programs
- If your Antivirus software shows a false alert, you can use the following article that explains how to send a report about a false positive issue to your Antivirus company:
- How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors
- For some types of license keys under Windows 7/8/2008, the product key is not stored in the Registry, and thus ‘Product key was not found’ message will be displayed.
- If you bought your computer with installed operating system, you may find the Windows product key appeared in ProduKey utility is different from the product key on your Windows CD. This problem is mostly reported with Dell computers.
- From unknown reason, the product key of Visual Stuido .NET is written in the Registry as Office XP product…
- In old versions of Office (Office 2000 and below), the ‘Product Key’ value is not available.