If you have a Raspberry Pi this is the official operating system for you. Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi OS is a free operating system based on Debian, optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. Raspberry Pi OS comes with over 35,000 packages: precompiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi OS is a community project under active development, with an emphasis on improving the stability and performance of as many Debian packages as possible.
- Thonny upgraded to version 3.3.5
- SD Card Copier made compatible with NVMe devices; now built against GTK+3 toolkit
- Composite video options removed from Raspberry Pi 4 in Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Boot order options in raspi-config adjusted for more flexibility
- Recommended Software now built against GTK+3 toolkit
- Fix for crash in volume plugin when using keyboard could push value out of range
- Fix for focus changing between windows in file manager when using keyboard to navigate directory view
- Fix for Raspberry Pi 400 keyboard country not being read correctly in startup wizard
- Armenian and Japanese translations added to several packages
- Automatically load aes-neon-bs on ARM64 to speed up OpenSSL
- Raspberry Pi firmware fcf8d2f7639ad8d0330db9c8db9b71bd33eaaa28
- Linux kernel 5.10.17