SSH provides encrypted login, terminal sessions, and data transfer. SecureCRT is highly customizable and easy to use.
SecureCRT supports both SSH1 and SSH2 protocols. SSH2 support provides AES, 3DES, RC4, Blowfish, and Twofish ciphers, with password authentication, public-key authentication, and Kerberos v5 authentication via GSSAPI.
Port forwarding allows redirecting TCP/IP applications over an encrypted channel. SecureCRT is ideal for connecting to remote systems running UNIX and VMS as well as the many BBSs and databases that are now available via the Internet.
Remote sites can be easily accessed by just entering a hostname.
Variable compression allows users with dialup connections to maximize performance. SSH2 server support includes the latest SSH2 servers from SSH Communications and OpenSSH.
For easy multiple connections, SecureCRT can remember passphrases as long as the application is open. SecureCRT delivers quality emulations for VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, SCO ANSI, basic Wyse 50/60, Xterm and Linux console, with ANSI color support.
Customization options include keymaps and login scripts, with many other choices including fonts, cursors, and color. Multi-byte character sets are supported for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, as well as improved support for scalable line drawing fonts.
Other features include the Activator utility for managing sessions from the system tray instead of the taskbar, session folders to manage hundreds of sessions, ActiveX scripting support for VBScript and other scripting languages, and secure file transfer using either the VCP command-line application or Zmodem. X11 forwarding enables encrypting X Windows sessions.
SSH2 connections can be made from the command line using the included VSH program. Named sessions, auto logon, printing, emacs mode, and SOCKS firewall support are also popular features.
SecureCRT it’s the only SSH client with an password manager included.
- Support for Kerberos v5 authentication via GSSAPI
- Support for GSSAPI-secured key exchange
- The ability to share the host key database with SecureFX
- The private key agent cache is now shared between SecureCRT and SecureFX, eliminating the need to reenter the passphrase
- Improved support for scalable line-drawing fonts
- Dynamic log filename generation, with support for substitution of date, time, and environment variables.
- macOS version updated to 9.0.0
- Updated the View menu to show that ALT+ENTER is the keyboard accelerator for Full Screen
- Bug Fixes
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.