SteerMouse is a utility that lets you freely customize buttons, wheels and cursor speed. Both USB and Bluetooth mice are supported.
- SteerMouse does not support the Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and some special features.
Both USB and Bluetooth mice are supported, no matter whether the mouse is designed for Windows or Mac.
System Preferences only lets you assign Mission Control to buttons. In contrast, SteerMouse has a variety of functions:
Input Shortcut Keys
- Enter a shortcut key. You can assign multiple shortcut keys, entered in sequence.
- Move the cursor to a specific location, such as the default button, close button, etc. Allows for a click after moving.
- Scroll vertically or horizontally. You can adjust the scrolling speed.
- Click a mouse button. You can assign modifier keys, lock the click, etc.
- Shows a process window for switching applications.
- Open a file or application. This brings all windows of the application to the front.
- Added “Same as Default” option to the wheel mode that is available for some mice. You will need to re-configure the wheel mode with this addition.
- Problem solved where “Double Click” assigned to a button of chord operations would not work with the list view of Finder.
- Problem solved where opt + space + primary click would not work as hand scrolling in Preview.app.
- Problem solved where the Restore System Defaults button would not work.