TunnelBear is the world’s easiest to use consumer VPN software that securely “tunnels” your internet connection to locations around the world. TunnelBear can be used to protect your privacy, to bypass internet censorship and to experience the internet as people in other countries experience it.
Simple and Handsome
On/off simplicity paired with a handsome map to visualize your connection. An app so thoughtfully designed, a bear could use it.
Don’t worry if you lose your Wi-Fi connection, TunnelBear has your back. It will block all unsecured traffic until everything has safely reconnected.
TunnelBear uses strong AES 256-bit encryption by default. Weaker encryption isn’t even an option.
Is your VPN blocked in some countries? With GhostBear, you can make your VPN-encrypted data less detectable to governments, businesses and ISPs.
Have your TunnelBear conveniently connect or disconnect based on a list of networks you trust.
Secure your data and hide your IP address behind a bear.
Experience the Internet as if you’re in another country
A TunnelBear can “tunnel” you around censorship and blocked sites to another country of your choosing.
Zap creepy trackers
Block the website trackers (ads, analytics, scripts, social buttons) that track everything you and your family do online.
A TunnelBear is really, really simple
On. Off. On. Off. You get the idea.
Download a free TunnelBear today and enjoy an open and unrestricted Internet.
How does TunnelBear work?
TunnelBear hides your location using a virtual private network, or VPN for short. We’ll try to explain what exactly that is without all the technonerd vocabulary.
When you use the internet, each time you click on a link to open a new page, you send a signal to the website you’re accessing saying something like “hey, show me the page where I can watch that cool new video”. In internet terms, this is called a request.
Each of these requests contains a unique identification number called an “IP address”, which is basically your online mailing address when you’re connected. It’s used to say to the internet “hey, this request came from here, send any pages I request to this address”.
Your address will be unique to the internet connection you’re using so it’s different when you’re at the coffee shop versus at home. However, because this request contains your location, websites are able to find out where you’re located and block you from accessing certain information.
- Windows version updated to 4.3.6
- macOS version updated to 4.1.1
- Unlike humans, Bears love being indoors for months at a time. It’s a great way to stay productive and not get sick. For this release, bugs were chomped. Fur was brushed. Eleventy-three new bears added.
- A little mystery helps keep a relationship exciting, so to keep the romance alive between you and your Bear, we’ve made some changes we think you’re going to like. We just can’t tell you about them yet. Shhhhh, it’s a secret. No bears added this release. Ok, maybe a little one.
You might not know this, but Bears are natural housekeepers. They love a tidy cave just like the rest of us. For this release, they did a great job sweeping out old leaves, chasing away annoying bugs and they still had time for a good brushing. No bears were added with this release. Maybe next time.
- The Bears have been working on their wind sprints to make connection times even faster! When they weren’t in the gym, the Bears were upgrading the map for faster load and scroll speeds. Give the map a test drive and marvel at how smooth it feels.
- While you’re checking out the new map, you might notice that your Bear now connects to tunnels when you click the tunnel opening.
- For some quick protein, we chomped a bug that miscalculated the amount of data left on some accounts and disconnected them by accident. Your Bear should know how much data you have at all times now.
- Last but not least, we bid a fond farewell to IKEv2. It hasn’t been playing nicely in the tunnels for some time now, and to make sure you have the most secure connection, we felt it was best to remove the protocol.