Full-featured IDE to code, debug, test, and deploy to any platform. Code faster. Work smarter. Create the future with the best-in-class IDE.
Develop with the entire toolset from initial design to final deployment.
- Improved IntelliSense performance for C++ files
- Local development with many common emulators
- Simplified test access in Solution Explorer
- Git management and repo creation in the IDE
- Kubernetes support now included in Microsoft Azure workload
- Stay up to date & in the know
- Code more efficiently with built-in and downloaded features
- Collaborate seamlessly without leaving the editor
Write code with fewer errors
Type variables quickly and accurately, using IntelliSense code suggestions if you get stuck. Maintain speed no matter the complexity as you navigate to any file, type, member, or symbol declaration you need. Make quick improvements to your code using light bulbs that suggest actions such as renaming a function or adding a parameter.
- Visual Studio Code has been updated for native Arm/M1 support for Insiders
- One-click code cleanup. Resolve warnings and suggestions with the click of a button
- Visual Studio IntelliCode. Get AI-assisted recommendations that learn from the community
- Visual Studio Live Share. Share code using real-time collaborative development
- We fixed several reliability issues.
Shell and Tools
- We fixed an issue with rendering of the UI on Big Sur when using the light IDE theme.
- We increased the frequency for checking for new updates from 1 day to every 4 hours.